AUTOPHIX OM123 Code Reader vs. QUICKLYNKS OBDII T49

This blog will help you find out the difference between AUTOPHIX OM123 OBDII EOBD and QUICKLYNKS OBDII & CAN T49.

Item Name OM123 Code Reader T49 Car Code Reader
Brand AUTOPHIX QUICKLYNKS

Category Trouble Code Reader Trouble Code Reader
Price US$35, Free shipping US$38.99, Free shipping
Support Protocols OBD2, EOBD, CAN OBD2, CAN
Support languages English, French, German, Spain, Finland, Netherlands, Portuguese, Russian English
Support vehicles 2000 or later US, European and Asian OBD2 Protocol Vehicle ALL 1996 and newer vehicles in US, 2000 in EU countries
Display 128 × 64 pixel display with contrast adjustment 2.0” TFT color screen
Function Reads & clears trouble code: generic codes, pending codes and Manufacturer's specific codes Reads & clears trouble codes: generic codes, pending codes and Manufacturer's specific codes
Reads live data stream Reads live PCM data stream
Displays I/M readiness Status Displays monitor and I/M readiness status
Detects OBD-II Freeze Frame Information Views freeze frame data
Retrieves Vehicle information (VIN, CID and CVN) Retrieves vehicle information(VIN, CIN and CVN)
Check Engine Light (MIL) Turns off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL)
Airbag Scan Internet updateable

How to use Autophix Code Reader
The OM123 is easy to use even if you have never used an OBD-II code reader before.
1. Locate the OBD-II port under the dashboard.
2. Turn the key to position II. All dash lights should be on but don't start the car.
3. Plug it into the OBD-II port of your vehicle.
4. Hit ENTER button on the scanner.
5. Check current codes and pending codes with this scanner.
6. The scanner will display a DTC fault code, for example P0300 -Multiple cylinder missfire. You will also see a short description for this code but you may be better offer doing some research online to get a better understanding of what the problem is.

Customer reviews on AUTOPHIX OBDMATE OM123
*I have tried it on a Ford Mondeo 09, VW Touran 04, Toyota Proace 15 and a Skoda Octavia 06, works just fine for engien codes.

*It works properly on my jaguar x type 2003, it’s easy to use and easy to read and a low price which made it well worth the purchase, I highly recommend this product for your car needs.

*Check engine light appeared on my 03 CRV, read the code with the Scanner, looked up location in service manual and change out sensor. Problem solved.

*Needed this for my 1998 Ford Explorer. It is easy to use and can save you a little money finding a problem in your vehicle. Help you save a ton of money.

*Autophix OM123 can read the check engine light (MIL) codes. It is able to read any existing codes or codes that are pending. Once you retrieve the code you can use the scanner to clear the code.

*One main advantage of the Autophix OM123 is that it shows the emission readiness.

Summary:
Both items are so cheap (OM123-$35, T49-$38.99) that is affordable for most customers, their functions are almost same with each other. AUTOPHIX OM123 Code Scan Tool is verified to work well on 2000 or later US, European OBD2 Protocol Vehicles. While T49 works on all 1996 and newer vehicles in US, 2000 in EU countries, sounds a wider range of cars, however, purchases should depend on specific vehicle model. Hope this blog helps you!