Car model: BMW F46 (F45/F48)
Purpose: Enable Cruise Control
Coding device: BMW ENET cable and E-sys coding software
Once you have your car Cruise Control switch physically installed, you will need to activate your Cruise Control feature in your BMW through “VO coding”.
Note that the procedure is also applicable to enable “Enhanced Bluetooth” feature or other VO code procedure.
The modules that are required to be coded will be different though. For example, “Enhanced Bluetooth” will require HU_ENTRYNAV module only.
In order to avoid any VCM update errors (this does not affect your coding), go to the top of E-SYS and click Options > Settings > Options tab. UNCHECK both check boxes -> “Update VCM after TAL execution” and “Update MSM after TAL execution.”
How to: VO Code 544 to enable Cruise Control
1) Run E-Sys coding sofware, Click “Read” button and then “Active FA”:
2) Go to “SALAPA-Element” and right click and select “Edit”:
3) Add the value “544,” into the SALAPA-Element and click the “Save” button on the right as highlighted.
4) Click the “save” button to save the file into a XML file with your desired file name.
5) Go to “VCM” section and load the same XML file that you had saved.
6) Right click “calculate FP” and you will see the Vehicle Profile generated.
7) Click the “Write FA FP” button which will writes into your ECU memory.
8) To enable Cruise Control for BMW F45/F46/F48, you will need to E-Sys VO code these 4 modules:
3) KOMBI (or BKOMBI)
9) Go to “Coding” section, click “Read ECU” button on the right and then right click on the above-mentioned modules and select “Code”. This will enable the settings required for your Cruise Control. Note that the engine need not be switched off for this operation to work successfully.
10) Test your Cruise Control switch to ensure that it has been enabled successfully.
11) It is recommended to remove the VO Code after the coding has been performed.
If VO code is something that you don’t prefer to modify, you can perform FDL codings only as such to enable Dynamic Cruise Control:
PfLinSteeringWheel -> 3140 > LIN_VARIANTE_MFL = DCC_Sports_SLD
EXBOX 3001 > DCC = aktivKOMBI :
FZG_Ausstattung -> 3003 > LDM_VERBAUT = dcc
DSC_FAS_CODIERDATEN 3009 > C_Fahrfunktion = DCC