Typical Systems Covered Depending Upon Model & Year:
Petrol & Diesel Engines, ABS, Airbags, Auto Transmisson, Immobilizer, Key Coding, Cruise Control, Instruments, Body Systems, Self Leveling Suspension, Seats, Doors, Gateway, Steering Angle, Air Suspension, Electronic Power Steering & Motor Assisted, Power Steering, Tyre Pressure, Rain Sensors, 4WD System, Stabilizer, Intelligent Parking Assist, Door Motors, Audio Systems, Air Conditioning, Tiptronic, Anti Theft, Soft Top, Headlamp Leveling, Central Locking, Automatic Clutch, DPF Reset, Electric Windows,Plip Programming, Heated Rear Window, Xenon Headlights, Wash Wipe, Fuel Burning Heater, Transfer Box, Seat Memory, Oil Life Service Reset, Sliding Doors, Electronic Throttle, Navigation System, Rollover Sensor, Cruise Control, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Aux Heating, Electronic Parking Brake, Clutch Electronics, and many, many more.
Diagun IV (Diagun4) Compatible Vehicle Brands:
1pc x Diagun lV overseas host RoHs
1pc x DBScar lV diagnostic connector RoHs
1pc x X431 AIT OBD16 extension ine RoHs
1pc x Diagun IV quickstart(English)RoHs
1pc x X431 PIN anvelope
IMPORTANT: NEVER use Jump Leads, Start Booster or other sources of External Power while tester is connected to diagnostic socket because it will damage the diagnostic Main Unit. Do not connect or disconnect a diagnostic tool whilst the engine is running since the tool may be damaged
Tap “Login” on the upper right corner of the main menu screen:
1. If you are a new user, tap “New Registration”. See Fig.2 below
Note: To obtain better service, you need to provide real information.
A. Create App account: In Fig. 3, fill in the information in each field and then tap “Register”, a screen similar to the following will appear:
B. Activate the VCI connector: In Fig. 4, input the Serial Number and Activation Code, which can be found in the password envelope.
Note: To exit and activate it later, tap “Skip”. In this case, you can activate your connector by tapping “Activate Connector” in “Personal Center”.
3 Activate Connector.
C. Download diagnostic software: Tap “Activate”, a dialog box similar to Fig. 5 will appear:
To download the diagnostic software, tap “Yes” to enter the software download page. Tap “No” to download it later. On the download page, tap “Update” to start downloading. It may take several minutes to finish it, please be patient to wait. To pause downloading, tap “Pause”. To resume it, tap “Continue”. Once download is complete, the system will install the software package automatically.
2. If you have registered to be a member, input your name and password, and then tap the “Login” button to enter the main menu screen directly.
Note: X-431 Diagun IV has an auto-save function. Once the username and password are correctly entered, the system will automatically store it. Next time you login the system, you will not be asked to input the account manually.
3. If you forgot the password, tap “Retrieve Password”, and then follow the on-screen instructions to retrieve it.
Enter X-431 Diagun IV Bluetooth setting screen (“Settings” -> “Bluetooth”), slide the Bluetooth switch to ON and X-431 Diagun IV will start searching available Bluetooth device, tap the desired connector to pair. By default, the Bluetooth name is 98729*****00 (where ***** stands for 5 digits.).
Note: In case no Bluetooth setting is done before diagnostic software is launched, you can also configure it while using the software.
Note: If you don’t need to use Wi-Fi for a while, you can turn it off to conserve battery life.
X-431 Diagun IV has built-in Wi-Fi that can be used to get online. Once you’re online, you can register your X-431 Diagun IV, surf the Internet, get apps, send email, launch the remote diagnosis, and check for software updates etc.
Connect to a Wi-Fi network
1. On the home screen, tap Settings -> WLAN.
2. Slide the Wi-Fi switch to ON, X-431 Diagun IV will start searching for available wireless networks.
3. Select a wireless network, y If the chosen network is open, X-431 Diagun IV will connect automatically; y If the selected network is encrypted, a network password will need to be entered.
4. When “Connected” appears, it indicates the Wi-Fi connection is complete.
Note: When Wi-Fi is not required, this should be disabled to conserve battery power. Once it is connected successfully, tap the Wi-Fi network from the list to view its name, link speed, security type, IP address etc. When this tool is in range, it will connect to the previously linked network automatically.
Disconnect from a Wi-Fi network
1. On the home screen, tap Settings -> WLAN.
2. Tap the network with a Connected status, then tap “Disconnect”.
Launch X-431 Diagun IV Scanner FAQ?
1. How to save power?
Please turn off the screen while X-431 Diagun IV keeps idle.
Set a shorter standby time.
Decrease the brightness of the screen.
If WLAN connection is not required, please turn it off.
Disable GPS function if GPS service is not in use.
2. What should I do in case I forgot the screen lock?
You can set screen lock as pattern or password. If you forgot the password, please consult your device provider or reset your device.
Warning: Resetting may cause data loss. Before use, please make sure important data has been backed up.
3. How to do if the system runs slow?
In this case, please do the followings:
> Check all running applications and stop the unnecessary applications (Steps: Settings -> Apps -> Running -> Tap the desired application and then tap “Stop”).
> Check all installed applications, remove the unnecessary applications (Steps: Settings -> Apps -> Downloaded -> Tap the desired application and then tap “Uninstall”).
If all steps mentioned above are finished and the system still works slowly. Please try to close the system and reboot your X-431 Diagun IV.
4. How to reset X-431 Diagun IV?
Resetting may cause data loss. Before doing so, please make sure important data and information has been backed up.
Do the following to reset X-431 Diagun IV:
1. Tap “Settings” --> “Back & Reset”;
2. Tap “Factory data reset”;
3. Tap “Reset tablet”;
4. Tap “Clear all data” to start resetting until the tool automatically reboots.
The method used to connect the VCI connector to a vehicle’s DLC depends on the vehicle’s configuration as follows:
• A vehicle equipped with an OBD II management system supplies both communication and 12V power through a standardized DLC.
• A vehicle not equipped with an OBD II management system supplies communication through a DLC connection, and in some cases supplies 12V power through the cigarette lighter receptacle or a connection to the vehicle battery.
For OBDII vehicle,proceed as follows:
1. Locate vehicle’s DLC socket.
2. Plug the VCI connector into the vehicle’s DLC socket (It is suggested to use the OBD II extension cable to connect the VCI connector and DLC socket).
3. Choose one of the two ways to obtain power from:
A. Power adaptor: Connect one end of the included power adaptor to DC IN port of X-431 Diagun IV handset, and the other end to AC outlet.
B. Internal battery pack
For non-OBDII vehicle, proceed as follows:
1. Locate vehicle’s DLC socket.
2. Select the corresponding non-16pin connector.
3. Plug the non-16pin end of the connector into the DLC socket, then connect the other end to the OBD I adaptor, and then tighten the captive screws.
4. Connect the other end of the adaptor to the included VCI connector.
5. To supply power to OBD I adaptor from:
A. Cigarette Lighter cable(optional): Connect one end of the cigarette lighter cable to vehicle’s cigarette lighter receptacle, and the other end to the power jack of OBD I adaptor.
B. Battery Clamps Cable(optional): Connect one end of the battery clamps
The Reset section is specially designed to provide you quick access to the vehicle systems for various scheduled service and maintenance performances. All resetting operations are driven by executive commands. Just by following the on-screen prompts to select appropriate execution options, input correct values or data, and perform necessary actions, the system will guide you through the complete performance.