The Tech-2 is the same tester GM Technicians use to diagnose GM vehicles. The Vetronix Tech 2 comes with Authentic GM software and provides support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru 2013.
Cars model supported: GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU/HOLDEN
1) Dimensions: 12
2) Microprocessor: 32 bit,16 MHz
3) Memory: 32 MB flash type II PCMCIA. Type III slot available for future expansion.
4) Communications: Integral RS232 communication port.
5) Screen: 3.8.8 backlit monochrome with full graphics capability: 320,40 pixels. Displays up to 9 vehicle parameters at once .Download Tech2 Brochure (5.2 Mb)
1) Authentic GM software in the Tech 2 Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model GM vehicles.
2) Support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1991 thru 2013.
3) Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
4) Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
5) RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
6) Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
7) Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
8) Bi-directional The authentic GM 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
An industry change in protocol from OBD II to Controller Area Network (CAN) has begun. In order to perform diagnostics on a vehicle that uses the CAN interface; you will need the Tech 2 Flash and a CAN diagnostic interface module. The module connects between the Tech 2 Flashs diagnostic link cable and the OBD adapter. Once the module is connected, it can be used on all GM vehicle applications,even those vehicles using other platforms such as OBD I and OBD II.
05 Buick Allure (3.6L)
05 Buick LaCrosse (3.6L)
05 Buick Rainier (5.3L)
04-05 Buick Rendezvous (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac CTS (3.6L)
04-05 Cadillac SRX (3.6L / 4.6L)
04-05 Cadillac XLR (4.6L)
05 Cadillac STS (3.6L / 4.6L)
05 Chevrolet Cobalt (2.2L)
05 Chevrolet Corvette (6.0L)
05 Chevrolet Equinox (3.4L)
05 Chevrolet TrailBlazer (5.3L)
05 Chevrolet SSR (6.0L)
04 Chevrolet Malibu (Body/Chassis only)
05 Chevrolet Malibu (3.5L)
05 GMC Envoy (5.3L)
05 Pontiac G6 (3.5L)
05 Pontiac GTO (6.0L)
05 Pontiac Pursuit (2.2L)
Tech-2 Flash Tester
32 MB PCMCIA Card with GM OE Applications
CAN diagnostic interface module(Candi) and instruction sheet download (199.2 kb)
RS232 cable and user manual
DLC Cable, DLC Loopback Adapter
12V Cigarette Lighter Power Cable
SAE 16/19 Adapter
NAO 12/19 Adapter
Battery Power Cable
TIS 2000 CD
Q: Can GM Tech2 read VIN?
A: Yes, it can do.
Q: Does gm tech2 do Hummer H3?
A: Yes, it does. GM Tech2 can do diagnose for Hummer h3 model.
Q: Can gm tech2 do airbag resetting for Chev Tahoe 2007?
A: Yes, it can do airbag reset for this model.
Q: Does gm tech2 support Saturn?
A: No, it doen't.
Q: Does gm tech2 work 2007 Cadillac Escalade?
A: The software car list includes the Cadillac model.
A: If the TIS2000 you are trying to install is contained in the GM TECH2 software, then it is useless to install TIS2000 software. To program electronic control unit, I advice you buy an extra TIS2000 to work with GM tech2.
Q: After receiving GM TECH2, I got some errors.
A: If it is Blue screen, just replace the Blue Screen Chip. If it is not the problem of Blue screen, please send us the self-test report to check where the problem is;
have no idea on how to operate self test? Refer the self-test manual at GM TECH2 "technical support / service".
Q: GM TECH2 one button doesn't work how to fix?
A: If you have new version GM tech2, there are two ways to solve:
1) we send you a new button to replace;
2) please send back to repair.
If you have old version GM tech2 installed with the newest software, the button maybe won't work.
Q: When I use GM TECH2 for the second times, the tool starts to smoke, and my car voltage become 14V from 12V, what's the matter?
A: Please follow the correct operation steps: before diagnosing, turn on the ignition and then connect the GM TECH2 with the car, when the car starts you'd better test the voltage, because during this process a part of cars'voltage will reach up to 24V or more, especially the car which has a poor contact of electrical ground.