Here’s a user solution to change odometer from miles to km on BMW E-series by using NCS Expert step-by-step.
Part 1 – NCS Expert read miles
1. Connect your cable (BMW INPA K+DCAN cable or BMW ICOM A2 emulator) to your vehicle’s OBD II port and to your computer. Your vehicle’s ignition should be in the ON position, but your engine does not need to be running.
2. Launch INPA and verify that it reads Battery: ON and Ignition: ON. You should also have a program called “EDIABAS Server” running in your task bar. If everything checks out, close INPA.
Leave the server running.
3. Open “C:\NCSEXPER\WORK” and create an empty text file named “FSW_PSW.MAN”. I just use NOTEPAD for this.
4. Launch NCS Expert. Go to File -> Load profil and select “Revtor’s NCS Expert Profile”, click OK.
5. Select “VIN/ZCS/FA” then “ZCS/FA f. ECU”. This will tell NCS Expert to attempt to read your VIN from your vehicle’s ECU so you don’t have to type it in.
6. Select your chassis from the list and click OK. Then select which module you want NCS Expert to read your VIN from. Usually the first choice is fine. Click OK again to have NCS Expert read your VIN. You should see the CHASSIS, FG, and FA fields populated in the top part of the NCS Expert window.
7. Select “Back”, then “Process ECU”. You will be prompted to select a module. Select the module you want to read values from(in this case KOMBI OR AKMB) and click OK. Click OK again on the window that appears to return to the main NCS Expert window.
8. Select “Job” and choose “CODIERDATEN_LESSEN” from the menu. This will change the job from one that writes to one that only reads data. Many of the job names look very similar. Always read job names carefully to ensure you select the correct one.
9. At this point NCS Expert is relatively harmless, as all it can do is read from your car. Select “Execute job” to begin reading from your selected module. When you see “Coding ended” below the module name, the process has completed.
9. Once NCS Expert has read data from a module, it stores that data in a file called
“FSW_PSW.TRC” (called a “trace file”) in the “C:\NCSEXPER\WORK” folder. This file contains some general information about your car, as well as all the values currently stored in the module you read from.
Part 2 – NCS Expert write odometer from miles to km
That’s all about BMW E series odometer change, from miles to km, using NCS Expert coding software.
Hope it helps!