Xtool PS701 JP Scanner Diagnostic Tool
Dealer Code for updation: XTOOLEN
- Xtool PS701 JP scanner is a diagnostic tool for all Japanese cars, it supports diagnosing TOYOTA, HONDA, MITSUBISHI, SUBARU, SUZUKI, and NISSAN.
PS701 JP scanner is a diagnostic tool for all Japanese cars, it supports diagnosing TOYOTA, HONDA, MITSUBISHI, SUBARU, SUZUKI, and NISSAN.
Xtool PS701 supports testing all electronic control systems not just for OBD2 engine system.
PS701 diagnostic tool can be comparable with the original equipment in some degree.
1. Display:Backlit, 160 x160 pixel display with contrast adjustment
2. Operating Temperature:0 to 50°C (32 to 122 F°)
3. Storage Temperature:-20 to 70°C (-4 to 158 F°)
4. relative humidity:<90%
5. External Power:12.0v Volts provided via vehicle battery
6. mainframe power:3W
7. Mainframe dimensions:225mm Length 98mm Width 36mm Height
8. exterior memory: supports TF card
1.PS701 can test TOYOTA, the testing manual is as follows:
2. PS701 can test SUZUKI, the testing manual is as follows:
3. PS701 can test SUBARU, the testing manual is as follows:
4. PS701 can test NISSAN, the testing manual is as follows:
5. PS701 can test MITSUBISHI, the testing manual is as follows:
1. Machine composition
main testing cables,
testing connectors: NISSAN 14PIN (old car version); Honda 3pin(old car version) and obd2 connector),
user's manual and Nynon bag
2. Overall size: 36×20×10cm
We are here for you:Whatsapp: +86 18259252285Email: Sales@OBDII365.comSkype: OBDII365.com
PS701 JP Scanner Manual English
Xtool PS701 OBDII JOBD Diagnostic Scan Tool Review:
A Simple Tool That Quickly Provides Specific Details
is a moderately priced car diagnostic tool and it works quite well. It is intended for use on foreign cars - so, before you purchase, make sure that your car has a connector that fits one of the 3 included adapters (see picture attachment). Most will have the standard 16-pin OBD-II connector. The connector should be located under the dash and legally should have nothing covering it. Look below the steering column, on the lower dash above the clutch pedal, or possibly behind the ash tray.
All cars & small trucks sold in the United States after 1/01/1996 are required to be OBD II Equipped. Many vehicles built in 1995 are also ODB II compliant.
NOTE: "ODB" stands for: On Board Diagnostics. "DTC" stands for: Diagnostic Trouble Codes
You are able to determine if your vehicle is ODB II equipped in two ways:
1) There will be an OBD II connector located within 3 feet of the steering column
2) There is a note on a sticker or nameplate located under the hood: "OBD II compliant"
Once you plug the cable into the tool & into the vehicle's connector, the tool will automatically turn on. The screen is nicely back-lit and is very easy to read. While the tool is rather simple, I do suggest following the steps in the manual. The tool quickly displays readings for any errors your car may be registering on the dash & allows you to turn off the check engine light (or other errors) if you so choose. I personally recommend being very cautious about shutting off the check engine light. This tool does not actually fix any issue, but simply educates you as to the specific cause / reason for the light to display.
This more expensive tool comes with a carrying case which is extremely convenient. It is also compatible with more vehicles which means it is a tool you can use for years to come as you purchase new vehicles - or, just let your friends use it when they experience error messages on their cars.
My main frustration with this tool is that it provided several menus that were not in the instruction manual and listed many acronyms that I then had to search the internet for. The screen is plenty large enough for words to be written out in English / long form - there is no need for them to appear as acronyms. Overall, I found this tool very convenient for investigating error messages on the dash before taking my Mazda to a mechanic. I find that it is always good to have as much information as possible so that I can troubleshoot on my own and can also ensure the work I am paying for is truly needed.
Note: I am not affliated with the seller.