this cable adapter works for Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge, it is a universal cable, connect with XTOOL tablet, like X100PAD, X100PAD2, X100PAD3, EZ400PRO, A80 PRO, A80PRO MASTER, D7, D8, D9, D9PRO and so on.
Chrysler 12+8 Adapter needed on Vehicles with Secure Gateway Module:
for 2013+ RAM Promaster
for 2015+ Fiat 500x
for 2015+ RAM Promaster City
for 2016+ Jeep Renegade
for 2017+ Alfa Romeo Giulia
for 2017+ Jeep Compass
for 2017+ Jeep Cherokee
for 2018+ Jeep Wrangler
for 2018+ Ram Trucks
for 2018+ Dodge Durango
for 2018+ Jeep Wrangler (JL Body only, not JK)
for 2018+ Dodge Journey
for 2018+ Jeep Grand Cherokee
for 2018+ Chrysler Pacifica
for 2018+ Chrysler 300
for 2018+ Dodge Charger
for 2018+ Dodge Challenger
for 2019+ Most Fiat/ Chrysler/ Jeep/ Ram vehicles
for 2020+ ALL FCA vehicles
Xtool tech now released 2018+ Chrysler Dodge Jeep proximity smart key programming functions as well. Here is the programming instruction.
How to Connect 12+8 Adapter:
Find the SGW module, take the 12-PIN connector and the 8-PIN connector off, then connect these connectors to the Bypass cable.
Here is an example on a 2018+ Jeep Grand Commander.
For other models, check the SGM Location.
When connecting to STAR connector
The STAR connector used for Security Gateway is always colored green, and has several connectors attached to them.
To connect the cable to a STAR connector, plug the pins into the connectors. The connecting pin locations may vary between different models, take the 2021 Dodge Challenger as an example
in this situation, we connect the read pin into the green wire and the black pin into the yellow wire.
Take a 2020 Jeep Wrangler with a smart key as an example.
1. Open the diagnosis app and go through this menu:
Jeep- Proximity/Fobik (RFH)- Wrangler 18-
Xtool X100 PAD 3 will ask to make sure the main cable and SGW bypass cable are connected.
2. Before programming, we suggest reading the key number that is registered on the car. Press the Number of Keys menu to check the key number
3. When key programming, the vehicle needs s security code to verify the process. Read the security code first.
Make sure you are connected to the internet. Then click Read security code menu.
4. Read security code success
5. Press Add smart key to start key programming.
Follow the instructions on the device, turn emergency indicators and switch the ignition off,
*This menu is also applied to all keys lost situation.
6. Xtool will ask you for a security code. The device will automatically fill in the code.
7. Follow the instructions, put the key close to start button, then press and hold this button within 20 seconds until the device pops out the result, Press OK when you are ready for this process.
8. Programming success.